Wednesday, October 14, 2009

why

As a mother running has been my salvation. I have a vacation in my future nearly every day. Even if i have only 20 minutes that 20 minutes belongs only to me. I can think ramble, rant, rave, laugh, cry, etc. all while running. It clears my head. When my children were babies i would stuff them into the jogging stroller and take off with our then singular dog. The freedom felt amazing. However if any of you have ever done this i am sure you can remember the times where there was no silence and the peace and freedom were replaced by a whiny child yelling about getting out or constant questions absolutely requiring an answer. I loved my children then and i love them now but how i wanted them to put a cork in it.
My running looks a lot different now. My son is in his senior year of high school and my daughter is 11. My job is full time and i am fulfilled. I have more time to run. I run with my dogs mostly, but i have a friend who i run with once or twice a week. We support each other through everything. So why, if i have used running as an escape and time for myself for so long, am i wanting so badly to run with my kids? Ahh they are growing up and i am already beginning to miss them and their baby cheeks and deep devotion and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment